Montag, 14. Januar 2013

Playing with fabric again...

These are some new little projects I´m working on at the moment.

  

I took some cotton fabric an covered it with white Gesso. This makes the fabric a bit sturdier. Then I added lots of layers with Gelatos, Glimmer Mist and stamps with and without embossing powder. To cover this up I used thinned Golden Medium. I stitched the grass in 2 different colors with my sewing machine and used beads and gold thread on top. At the end this will be a cover for a shrine.


It´s pretty hard to capture the colors with the camera. Here are some closeups.



Now it has a kind of leathery touch to it.


Here I used the same cotton fabric again with Gesso, Glimmer Mist and stamps with embossing powder. Then I hand stitched on top. It´s not finished yet and I´m still waiting for an inspiration what to do next :o)


Love

Nina

PS in German: Ich bin noch sehr unentschlossen, ob ich meinen Block in Englisch oder Deutsch weiter führen möchte. Alles doppelt zu schreiben scheint mir nicht sehr sinnvoll. Was meint ihr?

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Nina, das ist doch das Stück Stoff, welches du mir kürzlich zeigtest? In echt sieht es wirklich nochmal viel schöner aus als auf den Fotos. Man muss das auch mal angefasst haben, man hat gar nicht mehr das Gefühl Stoff in der Hand zu haben.
    Englisch oder Deutsch ist doch egal, solange man auch noch Kommentare deutsch schreiben darf.
    Beste Grüße
    Karin

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Das sind ja wunderschöne Objekte!
    Vielleicht kanst Du ja mal einen Workshop anbieten und uns zeigen, wie sowas geht...

    Liebe Grüße, Linda

    AntwortenLöschen